Saturday, June 28, 2008

We Meet Again

And so we meet again
here.

I know in my older, more confident, bigger self
that we aren't just meeting
that You've been by my side

But my weary, smaller self
has perceived You
as larger than everyday life.
Outside my circle,
Beyond my reach,
Too majestic
and too far away
to touch.

So, like I said
we meet now
again
first time
new place

You were just inside the front door
with a face very much like mine.
Soft, somewhat sad.
Eyes that welcomed.
You pointed to the living room
and chuckled
"isn't every room a living room?"

Much living here
much talk about living
the point of it
the need for it.

Here we go again!

More work to do
in Africa.

Your message to me this time?
How should I respond?
I recall You insisting
that I cannot do this.
So now?

I will sit back and restrain
my hands
and voice
and heart
from taking on this new need
as if it were mine to take.

No comments: